Sep 3, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: Movies At Ramdom


I am a big movie fan. I must admit though there are movies which I don't get to watch immediately. But I do catch up. I would like to share at least thirteen of the movies I have watched this year, at random.

1. Orphan - The twist was good enough. Esther, the orphan, was good.

2. Let the Right One In - One of my favorite movies of all time. Think Twilight only this is better, a million times better.

3. Seven Pounds - I am thinking or any redeeming value of this movie. I was thinking it's another Crash but it was not.

4. UP - Heart and humor.

5. Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen - I like the first one better.

6. Angels and Demons - I like this better than the movie, Da Vinci Code.

7. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Oh, I listened to every quotable quote of this movie and I loved them all.

8. Star Trek - I enjoyed this movie. I find Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine great at reprising the roles of Spock and James Kirk respectively.

9. Public Enemies - It's Johnny Depp. Anything Johnny Depp I will watch.

10. Sleepy Hollow - And because I craved for more Johnny Depp, I scouted YouTube for some Depp movies even if I have already watched them.

11. Donnie Brasco - Including this one with Al Pacino.

12. Changeling - I'd rather watch Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft or Mrs. Smith or Fox in Wanted.

13. Drag Me to Hell - It's Sam Raimi. His horror films aren't actually scary. More like gross and funny. I like his movies.

Read more sharing at Thursday 13 site.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I just watched Benjamin Button about a week ago. I loved it!

FYI I loved Seven Pounds lol

HappyT13!

Journeywoman said...

LOVED Up and have heard good things about Let the Right One in.

See the new Tarentino movie--if you liked Pulp Fiction.

life's journey said...

hubby love to watch Star trek...Happy t13. Mine is up.

Alice Audrey said...

I watched more movies this year than I have in a long time, but it still doesn't amount to 13 of them.

Chris said...

i love up! :D

Dawn said...

I haven't seen any of these. I have got to start watching more movies. My poor Netflix account is sadly underused.

Sandy Kessler said...

i have a lot to see sandy

Hootin Anni said...

You and me.....Johnny Depp. Anything with him in it, it's watchable!! The ending of Public Enemies was a bit gross tho. Loved Sleepy Hollow. Even his musical Sweeny Todd was enjoyable. Love the guy. And ....Benjamin Button was a surprisingly wonderful movie!



My 13 this week is all about Labor in a funny way. Hope you can stop by to visit with me. Happy Thursday. [PS...you'll need to scroll down below my Thursday Thunks to find my list of 13]

Anonymous said...

I have seen none of these, which surprized me because I'm usually a big movie buff!
Happy Thursday to you!

Living It, Loving It said...

Seven Pounds was amazing. I really have not gotten a chance to see any of the others.

Americanising Desi said...

but Changeling wa sso heart wrecking :(

Click here for my Thursday Thirteen

Anonymous said...

Great list. There are many movies on there I want to see. I agree about Angelina. Happy Thursday!

Calico Crazy said...

We are in a pretty kid friendly movie mode around here, so the only one I've seen is UP. We all loved it though. Will have to check out some of these others after the munchkin heads to dream land.

Calico Contemplations

Anonymous said...

I liked Angels & Demons the book better than Davinci Code the book too. I haven't seen any of these but Sleepy Hollow, although I'm looking forward to seeing Public Enemies when it's available on DVD.

Celticlibrarian said...

I loved 8. 4 nearly killed me...but I loved Doug.

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

We rarely watch movies but I'd been thinking of seeing a couple on your list. Benjamin still sounds like one to rent but maybe no Seven Pounds...