Sep 20, 2009
It's a long weekend! We had a great time last night going to Active Fun, an activity center for kids. We went to Best Seller, a bookstore, right after. My daughter already finished the book we bought. That's how she loved it. It's Allie Finkle by Meg Cabot (of Princess Diaries).
My connection is terrible for almost two weeks now. I pray to God it gets better from hereon. I grinned when I read the first word of today's Unconscious Mutterings. That's what's been happening to my DSL.
I say ... and you think ... ?
1. Disconnect :: My internet service provider, Bayantel DSL.
2. Contribute :: Share.
3. Dismay :: The feeling you'll get when your internet gets disconnected every 5 minutes like Bayantel DSL.
4. Constant :: Always there or always here. :)
5. Nails :: Art (I'd love to have some nail art done.)
6. Vibrate :: to and fro
7. Therapy :: Heal.
8. Stupid :: When your ISP like Bayantel DSL can't figure out what's the root cause of the series of disconnections.
9. Poo :: Cover your nose.
10. Commune :: Be intimate.
Read more mutterings at Luna Nina's site.
Sep 15, 2009
I'm glad that the week started good. Even Monday was good. I tried getting rid of the feeling of dreading Monday. Positive thinking and affirmations really work with prayers of course.
Today, so far things are going on as I set them out. One was bumped off till tomorrow but that's fine because I need to deal with a pending work this morning.
In the meantime, here's my Manic Monday list on a Tuesday morning.
What's one new thing you tried this summer than you've never done before?
Summer in the Philippines falls on March, April, May (with occasional rains). Looking back, here are the things which I did for the first time. Small things, nothing life changing here.
* Watched a movie alone while waiting for my daughter to finish her day 1 of her summer activity.
* First time to attend a blog convention.
* First time to watch American Idol and root for a contender which is Kris Allen.
* First time to play a game in Facebook (Restaurant City). I never thought I'll give in to these FB games. Now I have Farmville and Farm Town too.
* First time to visit an organic restaurant owned by a former classmate in high school.
What is the one thing you miss the most about summer when it is over?
My daughter's school vacation. I miss the extra hour I can still sleep before my daily grind starts.
If you could eliminate one source of anger in your life right now, what would it be?
I have passed the stage of being angry. And I'd keep to myself what it was. :) As I've read (and believe), the past is of no use to us anymore. Move forward.
Have a great week!
Sep 13, 2009
Watching America's Best Dance Crew but not paying much attention. My daughter and I are actually waiting for Glee. Sleep time after this. It's been a full day for us this Sunday. I only had about three hours sleep. Looking forward to yet another productive week. In the meantime, here's my mutterings for the week.
I say ... and you think ... ?
1. Omelette :: vegetable (my favorite omelette)
2. Classic :: Greeks and Romans
3. Thrifty :: frugal
4. Search :: find
5. Fan :: admirer
6. Fussy :: some babies?
7. I am not :: a snob. (A lot of people think I am.)
8. Indulge :: pamper
9. Poor :: my cooking skills (but I'm getting there)
10. Manicure :: I love!
Head over here for more mutterings that will last you a week. :)
Sep 5, 2009
No, this is not about two of my favorite movies, Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. I would like to share two pictures taken during one of our trips to Grande Island Resort, Subic. Orange is today's Photo Hunt theme. The sun with its orange color is a perfect entry.
I like the color orange because it's calming for me. It's a very happy color. In fact I used to have templates sprinkled with fonts in orange color. Also, I like paper crafts with tinge of orange.
Most of all I love the rising of the sun with its radiating soft orange color bordering on yellow. It speaks of a bright and brand new day.
Sep 3, 2009
I am a big movie fan. I must admit though there are movies which I don't get to watch immediately. But I do catch up. I would like to share at least thirteen of the movies I have watched this year, at random.
1. Orphan - The twist was good enough. Esther, the orphan, was good.
2. Let the Right One In - One of my favorite movies of all time. Think Twilight only this is better, a million times better.
3. Seven Pounds - I am thinking or any redeeming value of this movie. I was thinking it's another Crash but it was not.
4. UP - Heart and humor.
5. Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen - I like the first one better.
6. Angels and Demons - I like this better than the movie, Da Vinci Code.
7. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Oh, I listened to every quotable quote of this movie and I loved them all.
8. Star Trek - I enjoyed this movie. I find Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine great at reprising the roles of Spock and James Kirk respectively.
9. Public Enemies - It's Johnny Depp. Anything Johnny Depp I will watch.
10. Sleepy Hollow - And because I craved for more Johnny Depp, I scouted YouTube for some Depp movies even if I have already watched them.
11. Donnie Brasco - Including this one with Al Pacino.
12. Changeling - I'd rather watch Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft or Mrs. Smith or Fox in Wanted.
13. Drag Me to Hell - It's Sam Raimi. His horror films aren't actually scary. More like gross and funny. I like his movies.
Read more sharing at Thursday 13 site.