The year is about to end. This meme is a simple way to look back and ponder a little.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I went to graduate school.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I was able to spend more time with my family this year. That's one of my New Year's resolutions for 2006. Yes, I will still have my list for 2007.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my cousin gave birth to a baby girl. :)
4. What song reminds you of 2006?
I don't have anything particular in mind.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
The will power to exercise and follow a healthy diet. A truly fulfilling career but still be able to achieve work-life balance. Write again.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being able to attend to my family and work duties and my studies.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Procrastinating on starting a healthy lifestyle.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really, thank God.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
My own laptop. I'm not anymore at the mercy of company issued laptop since we cannot download some personal preferences (well, but of course). :) But then again, I haven't paid my sponsor yet which is my father. :)
11. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Studying again. Graduate school is like an end in itself for me. It recharged me. Even if there are continuous trainings at work, grad school environment is still different - the fact that all of you came from different industries make the sharings in the class exciting and substantive.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read. Write. Watch movies.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat unhealthy foods.
16. How did you spend Christmas?
I am not a Catholic. But then again, we just did what we usually do when there's no work - stayed in the house, watched a movie. We did give away small tokens for every kid who knocked on our house. The spirit of giving should always be alive.
17. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes, day to day...with my husband and daughter. :)
18. How many one night stands in this last year?
Nada of course.
19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I decided not to nurture the hatred building up. That will be too bad for the health. I just ranted away.
20. What was the best book(s) you read?
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell and The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
It's great watching Jason Mraz live!
22. What did you want and get?
23. What did you want and not get?
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I were able to attend to ALL my responsibilities, not just work and home related but also in my church.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Just the basics though I spent a lot on my hair. :)
26. What kept you sane?
My family. The internet. Watching Disney and Nickelodeon shows with my daughter.
27. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
28. What political issue stirred you the most?
De Venecia's "will power". Smith and Nicole.
29. Who did you miss?
My family in the US.
30. Who was the best new person you met?
Two of my professors.
31. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Carpe diem! And from Albus Dumbledore, it is not our abilities that define us, it's the choices that we make.
32. What was the nicest thing someone told you about yourself?
That they look up to me as a good leader and mentor.
33. What did you like most about yourself this year?
My resolve to take on all of my roles and responsibilities.
34. Was 2006 a good year for you?
I want to believe it is. Valuable lessons were realized and they made me stronger and A LOT WISER.
35. What was your favorite moment of the year?
I can't think of a single moment. I guess it would be every bonding time with my daughter.
36. Where were you when 2006 began?
We were booked in a hotel and welcomed 2006 at the 22nd floor.
37. Who were you with?
38. Where will you be when 2006 ends?
In our house celebrating the coming of 2007.
39. Who will you be with when 2006 ends?
Still my family and some relatives who are also our neighbor.
40. Do you have any new year's resolution for 2007?
Quite a few realistic ones.
41. What was your favorite month of 2006?
January, stocks. :)
42. What was your favorite record in 2006?
No particular favorite.
43. How many concerts did you see in 2006?
44. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2006?
45. You did anything you are ashamed of this year?
Gluttony perhaps. Hehehe.
46. How much money did you spend in 2006?
Hay....let's not talk about that.
47. What was your most embarrasing moment in 2006?
Can't remember. Parang wala naman yata.
48. What are your plans for 2007?
In a nutshell, observe work-life balance and be more spiritual.
49. How are you different now that the year is about to end?
Stronger, more family oriented, more enthusiastic to take on all of my planned endeavors and continue all the good things I have already started.
50. What are your wishes for the New Year?
As always, for me and my whole family and for everyone - good health and peace, love and harmony in all our relationships, that all of us will have enough for all our needs and some wants.
*The idea of this meme came from this blog and this blog. I just chose some questions I want to answer.