Jun 6, 2007

Dona Nobis Pacem


A Tale For All Seasons
by Kurt Kauter


"Tell me the weight of a snowflake," a cola-mouse asked a wild dove.

"Nothing more than nothing," was the answer.

"In that case, I must tell you a marvelous story," the coal-mouse said.

"I sat on the branch of a fir, close to its trunk, when it began to snow-not heavily, not in a raging blizzard-no, just like a dream, without a sound and without any violence. Since I did not have anything better to do, I counted the snowflakes settling on the twigs and needles of my branch. Their number was exactly 3,741,952. When the 3,741,953rd dropped onto the branch, nothing more than nothing, as you say-the branch broke off."

Having said that, the coal-mouse flew away.

The dove, since Noah's time an authority on the matter, thought about the story for awhile, and finally said to herself, "Perhaps there is only one person's voice lacking for peace to come to the world."

*****This is Mimi's site for Peace.

**********

Be the change you want to see in the world so goes my favorite quote. Tough, idealistic, eyebrow-raising...maybe. But have great faith and a great deal of conviction, it can be done. Little things that matter, little things that can help our house, our office, our school, our community become a better place to live in will surely inspire others to do the same things. What goes around, comes around. Let's take this positively too. :)

***********

I love this song, All You Need is Love. When love abounds, peace reigns.

11 comments:

The Rock Chick said...

I love your "song", too!!! Peace to you and thanks for stopping by mine!!!

Jessica The Rock Chick

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Grant Us Peace - "All You Need Is Love"
Sitting On The COUCH For Peace

BenSpark said...

A wonderful story. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Lara Croft said...

May we all have peace within and without - LC

Anonymous said...

I love the story...and the quote and music. But, the story appeals to me most. Thank you for sharing it. I hope that your days are filled with peace and that you are the change you want to see in the world.

krystyna said...

Peace be always with you!

Anonymous said...

oo nga, e. read in a bo sanchez book, to make the philippines a first world country, we have to be first world citizens first.

that frolicsome kid said...

Hey, nice analogy Lynn! It tells us that even one person in a whole community can make the difference in making peace. =)

Hmm... with bloggers' combined efforts of promoting the idea of peace, I'm sure it will inspire a lot of people in achieving world peace. =)

Happy Peace Day!

Annelisa said...

Love your Globe, but it was the tale that caught my attention... it sums it all up, doesn't it!

Peace to you and yours, now and always

Words that Flow

Mimi Lenox said...

"When love abounds, peace reigns"

Perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone! I feel good I included myself in this Blogblast for Peace. :)