Dec 24, 2007

Far from the Madding Crowd


We went to Olongapo last Friday and had an overnight stay at Subic. Subic is a forested area where monkeys are free to roam around the stretch of the road. Warning signs are up so that motorists are aware to give way to the monkeys when they cross the road. Also, monkeys are not to be fed by passersby.

The monkeys are cute actually. Most of the people slow down to take their pictures. The monkeys tend to show off and some go even near the cars. I don't want them jumping on me so I took their pictures from afar and with our car windows up. :)



A break from the city traffic.


See the monkeys along the road.


Sitting pretty. :)

I do not observe Christmas but boy I have been busy since the start of the holidays, how much more those who are all agog for the Christmas eve. :) If you need to relax from all the hustle and bustle, you can check out Weekend Snapshot participants.

Happy Holidays! :)

18 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

These are wonderful pictures. I think I would like to see this part of the world someday. God bless, and thanks for sharing!

Liz said...

Great shots Lynn! Wishing you and your family a joyous Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Cool photos of Subic. Buti ka pa nakarelax, hehe. Merry Xmas.

poor man's nicole richie said...

i was able to see these monkey when we went to subic. too bad we were not able to take pictures. thanks for sharing.
we also don't celebrate christmas.

Anonymous said...

nakakatuwa nga yung mga unggoy. nung huling punta namin dyan, hindi ko rin binaba yung bintana, baka dumamba :) happy holidays~!!

HartofDixie said...

I haven't been to Subic,but it sounds like a great place to visit.
The monkey looks so relaxed in there too. Lovely photos!
Happy holidays!

Carver said...

Those are great weekend snapshots. I hope you have a great week.

eastcoastlife said...

How I wish I could go for a holiday! My Filipino friends brought my son to Subic when he went there for a holiday. I have yet to visit it.

Merry Christmas, sweet Lynn!

Sharon said...

Pretty pictures, interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Skippyheart said...

The monkey looked so content...he! he!

Thanks for the visit and have a wonderful week ahead.

tanabata said...

That looks and sounds like a nice getaway! Hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays.

**"Liza"** said...

Great shot here..Have a merry christmas to you and your family..;)

ellen said...

wwwwoooooooooowwwww!!!! i have not been to olongapo for several years now---- the last time was in 1990's... nakaka miss naman!...merry krismas sau kapatid--at sa yung buong pamilya!....

dangkin said...

nice pics!

btw, just joined WS :-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Heart of Rachel said...

It must have been a fun trip. Happy Holidays!

Bengbeng said...

Buti ka pa nakarelax, ... Bengbeng
/
/
/
/
/
stunned you I know Phillipines language? hahah ..i tricked u i copy and paste a simple life's comment hahahhaha


Merry Christmas. :)

www.mylongkang.com

Anonymous said...

I love SBMA! My father used to work at the American Naval Base there. I was born in Olongapo. :)

ellen said...

hey chenchelle? i have added you already in my blogroll- tagal na noon hehehe--hindi mo lang napansin siguro na nandun ka na carrying the name Lynn_Everything etc etc...

meri krismas sau my prend!