Nov 1, 2007

A Tag - Why Do I Blog?


A tag from Trinity a few days ago.

I started blogging fifteen months ago. The first few months are sporadic blogging as I only blog when there is spare time. Now, blogging (or peeking in my blog and my usual visits) is included in my "to do list" even for just a few hours a week. It's like caffeine, it's addicting.

I love to write my thoughts, my interests since high school. I had my first diary when I was thirteen and from then on, I kept a daily journal. I turned to blogging because it is the most logical thing to do for me since computers are very much accessible. Also I find some blogs really interesting which encouraged me further to make my own. I write mostly about my daughter, my interests - food, places, books, movies. I also love putting up the pictures I took and what are the stories behind them. I love taking an understanding of other countries' cultures straight from the sharing of bloggers.

Blogging is a very good way to relate with people from all over the world which share the same interests, and surprisingly, even those which have different interests as I do. I enjoy going around blogs which are full of positive vibes, beautiful pictures, blogs which seem to be unedited in terms of pouring out their rants and raves, blogs which tells of the bloggers' daily lives and thoughts on even the simplest of things. These are the blogs that I am naturally inclined to read and one way or another, I get bits and pieces of inspiration from them. If there are wandering souls who happen to drop by my site and liked it, that's a bonus. I appreciate it very much.

Thank God for blogging. :)

**********

I would like to tag some recent visitors here. If you have time and haven't done this yet, it will be a pleasure to read why you blog - Fortuitous Faery, Amy, Connie, Andree, Sandy.

Here are the guidelines from Monday Morning Power.
**Start Copy Here**

We have a voice;
We must be heard;
Therefore we blog;
Now spread the word!

This directory is based on a recent post that was conducted asking the question “Why do you Blog?” and the rewrite “Why do you Blog? - Reworked.” The purpose of this directory is to tell our tales by spreading the reasons that we blog to as many sites as possible. We get to explain ourselves, direct traffic to our site and highlight our most important, most representative or most relevant post in an SEO favorable format. This will be a positive experience for everyone who wants to get involved. This will enable you to create a short advertisement for your site that will be spread across the blogesphere; a growing directory of blogs.

This is an open directory. You do not have to be tagged to join in. All you have to do is follow the rules.

Please let me know when you have added your site by leaving a comment on “Master List” with a link to your post. This will insure an up-to-date list, giving you even greater distribution. You then need to copy the growing list back to your site on a regular bases.

Rules:

1. Copy this post from the very beginning through **End List Directory** and place it in your archives (back date it so that it does not appear on your front page. This list is too long for your front page.) Title this post "Spread The Word" Directory
2. Copy from "**Start Copy Here**" through "**End Copy Here**"
3. Paste into a new post
4. Create an inventive post title
5. Write a brief introduction to the post.
6. Before “**End copy here**”, please add your name, site name (with link), a very brief description (2-3 sentences) of why you blog, and your most important, most representative, or most relevant post (with link.)
7. Create a link from the end of your new post to your archived Directory (Ex. "Click here for complete directory")
8. Tag others to participate. This is a request, not a requirement.
9. Leave a comment and a link to your post on “Master List.” That way I can grab your addition and add it to this growing list.
10. Schedule regular visits to the "Master List" so you can copy/paste into your archive, keeping your list current.

**End Copy Here**

Check out the directory of the listed participants here.

For the Master List introduction:

I'm Lynn and I blog at Everything and then Some. I blog because I like to share ideas and experiences with bloggers around the world. It's like virtual traveling. I am interested in other countries' culture. Blogs about food, books, movies, day to day experiences and everything about being a mom get my attention. I would like to share this link to one of my posts, Avocado which tells of the story behind my blog name.

**********

It's halloween, I got this sweet badge from Trinity and Mayi. Thank you for passing this on to me. :) This badge originated from Hootin' Anni.

4 comments:

DubLiMan said...

You are now on the master list. As a participant there are two actions that you can do to help keep this alive:
1) Help, where you can, in getting more sites to participate. Adding the “Spread the Word” button to your sidebar is a great way of doing this (available on my site.)
2) Update your post, in archive, with the complete master list on a regular basis. It is this process that will entice other sites to participate and maximize the benefits for everyone. You will see, at the beginning of the master list, instruction on how to maintain this growing directory in archives. This list is at the point of being much too long for a front page post.

Thank you for participating!

BTW, perfectly presented. When the complete list is posted on the front page it usually scares away the people that you tag because of it's length. As Trinity said, be sure that the people you tag also post the complete list in their archives.

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
I just found your blog. I read your comment the other day but had no way to get back to you until I came to Weekend Snapshot. I'll try this later. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

www.sandycarlson.net

Lynn said...

MONDAY MORNING POWER, Thanks so much!

SANDY, It's okay. Thanks for acknowledging. :)

SandyCarlson said...

Hi, Lynn,
I did it just a moment ago. My post is here:

http://slcthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/08/spread-word-directory.html

I included your description of your blog. I don't know if I should have done that or what. If I made a mistake, please let me know! Also, do I need to notify anyone else? Hmm....

Once you let me know it's right, I'll tag a few folks.

God bless!