Aug 18, 2009
I get excited watching horror movies for some months now but the previous years I can't stand watching one especially the like of The Exorcist, Omen, Rosemary's Baby...I really get scared.
But there are movies which I watched which gave me the chills. Not the gory ones because I can't the sight of too much torn flesh and oozing blood. But I like films which can be classified as psychological thrillers and slasher movies.
1. Se7en - "What's in the box?", that line by Brad Pitt as David Mills gave me the creeps. The line was delivered with so much pain and anger. You're expecting there's something in there that shouldn't be there.
2. Cape Fear - Robert de Niro's scary as the ex-convict.
3. Silence of the Lambs - Hannibal Lecter, inside a criminal's mind.
4. Thesis - A Spanish movie by Alejandro Amenabar where a college student stumbles on what could be snuff films committed by people she probably knows. Snuff films are filming of the actual death or murder of a person.
5. Psycho series - I tend to peek from the curtain shower whenever I watch any Psycho movies.
6. The Ring - I prefer the Japanese version. Those who have seen this movie might have experienced anxieties whenever the phone rings and the television turned on. Haha. Sadako lingered on me.
7. Carrie - I love the theme song of Carrie, "I Never Dreamed Someone Like You Could Love Someone Like Me". Cheesy but the movie is not, it's creepy especially the scene where the cross was focused.
Read more about movies about Fear at The Bumbles Blog.