Oct 26, 2009

Movies: Surprise Endings


I like this weeks' theme for The Bumbles Blogs' Monday Movie Meme. Surprise endings. In real life I am not so fond of surprises as I always want to be prepared. But in movies, the twists make me more engrossed and surprise endings (as long as it still makes sense) leaves a silly grin on my face.

Let me have a quick rundown of movies which surprised me with their endings.
1. The Sixth Sense (1999, Bruce Willis, Haley Joel Osment)
This would be tops for me. I was blown away!

2. The Village (2004, Adrien Brody, Joaquin Phoenix)
A number of people I know were dismayed by the twist but I love it! I don't know why they were not able to grasp how the plot was constructed. Oh well, to each his own.

3. Psycho (1960, Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles)
This got me.

4. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill)
Dumbfounded.

5. The Others (2001, Nicole Kidman)
So that explains their super pale color.

6. 12 Monkeys (1995, Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt)
Would you really want to watch your future self?

7. Se7en (1995, Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman)
Heartbreaking ending.

8. The Usual Suspects (1995, Kevin Spacey)
This is a genius!

3 comments:

kayerj said...

those are some good movies that had surprise endings. I'd forgotten about the village. I did like that one. If you want to come on by for a look here’s my movie list.

The Bumbles said...

Ahhh - Psycho! Excellent choice - it just gets better and better each time I come across it.

The Bumbles said...

Ahhh - Psycho! Excellent choice - it just gets better and better each time I come across it.