Apr 14, 2007

Friday's Feast No. 5


Friday's Feast

Appetizer
When you were a child, which crayon color was your favorite?

Well, not just one but three - brown, green and red. I love drawing a tree bearing apple fruit.

Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest), how likely would you be to change jobs if it required you to move?

It will depend on hubby actually. If everything solely depends on me, I'll consider the job package which better be awesome, where the relocation will be and if I can bring along my family. If it's somewhere in or near California or Las Vegas, it's a 9 because my parents, brother and sister and immediate cousins are all there.

Salad
Take all the numbers in your birthday and your phone number and add them up, one by one. What’s the total?

I got seventy seven.

Main Course
Have you ever “re-gifted” anything? If so, what was it and who did you pass it on to?
I haven't really re-gifted anything as far as I can remember. Oh well, I'm a collector. Like, this came from this, that came from that person. Something to that effect. But then most of the time I give away some gifts I have outgrown or don't really need as donations or when there are drives in our office and my daughter's school. Is that 're-gifting'?

Dessert
Name something you need from the store.
I want some ripe mangoes right now and make some mango shake.

**********

While I'm at my Friday's Feast, let me share with you one of the 'small feasts' we had in one of the restaurants in Baguio City, Everything Nice Cake Shop and Cafe.


The place is cozy enough for a quick lunch and snack. The staff are friendly and very attentive. What I like about them is their sense of urgency. I can see from where I was sitting how they manage the cue of orders being taken in and out of the kitchen such that all are served in less than five minutes.


The chicken is swimming in white sauce that is so creamy it goes very well with the deeply fried chicken, ham and cheese. This chicken cordon bleu instantly became our favorite.


Whenever he can, hubby always takes his meal without rice (a substitute will do). Part of his strategic plan in dieting. Right. :) This hungarian sausage with potato salad suited him well. It's very filling.




Now for the dessert, creme brulee for Andi and their 'home made' potato chips capped our lunch. From our experience, Everything Nice Cake Shop and Cafe lived up to its name, from the place to the staff and of course, the food.

10 comments:

Annie said...

Okay, I am drooling all over the laptop! YUM.
I enjoyed your feast!
Blessings~~
♥ Annie
My Life as Annie!

Just Nancy said...

What fabulous looking food! And a great feast, too!

Hey, if you're really looking for a work at home thing (you mentioned it on your comment on MY blog) check out: http://www.momexecs.com/cgi-bin/team.cgi?id=Na58761&action=show

That's my site to what I do. I'd love to help you set up a home business, too!

Tracy S said...

mmmm Mangoes!! that sounds soooo good right now. I love them.

Your food looked yummy as well. Great presentation.

Kayla said...

I am so glad I'm eating lunch right now or I'd be hungry with all those yummy lokoing pics!

TGIF!

Anonymous said...

Wow, lots of people loved to draw apple trees. I'm seeing a recurring theme on a lots of feasts today ;)

Raggedy said...

Great feast and the pictures of the food from you outing looked really yummy!
I am really hungry now!
Thank you for your visit to mine.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Tawnya Shields said...

Now that was a scrumptious feast!

Have a great weekend.

Haley said...

Thanks for stopping by! Your feast looks awesome!

~Haley

Joseph C. Harris said...

Great Feast. Both your literal and visual feasts. My feast is up if you would like to join.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!