Apr 15, 2007

Photo Hunt 6: Hobby

PSHunt

I'm going to share some of my hobbies - computers, point-and-shoot kind of photography, reading and cooking. This first photo is taken at my classmate's office. I have been wanting to use this stock photo. I just find the colors nice. Anwyay, it's at their pantry. We were trying to finish our group presentation last term. As you can see the table is a mess with all the books and hand-outs we were browsing on. But that's not the hobby I am talking about. The laptops actually gives the connection for this week's theme. I love computers, I love tinkering with it - hardware and software. I'm proud to say this is all through self-learning. I ask my IT friends and my husband but mostly, I am brave enough to 'play' with our computers on my own. :) Luckily, they're still all in one piece and functioning well. I have a lot to learn I know but that's what makes it exciting for me. Learning and applying what I've learned successfully.


It's a hobby also to take pictures, that's very obvious. Pictures of just about anything but here are three of my favorite subjects - sunrise, the sea, food (just take a peek at my previous entry). One of my family's favorite activities is going out of town and it's imperative that I take snapshots of the places we go to for my collection. :)



Reading is a hobby since I was a child. Haruki Murakami is one of my all-time favorite authors as a grown-up.


Baking is a hobby and preparing pasta but more than these two, I love preparing seafoods especially shrimps. My specialty is shrimps marinated in orange soda. The preparation is very simple but it tastes really good.



Happy photo hunting everyone! :)

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are all such great pics!

Anonymous said...

These are all such great photos and what neat hobbies.

Mine is up too.

Anonymous said...

You sure sound like a busy woman! Where do you find the time? Those shrimp eyes kind of freaks me out! LOL!

Amazing Gracie said...

Wonderful photos - my husband had a plate full of those tonight for dinner!
I think the majority of bloggers are voracious readers...

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Lots of great hobbies! :) Those are all wonderful photos. :) Both of my humans really love reading.

Caylynn said...

Great photos! :) You have a lot of interesting hobbies. :) Reading is a favourite hobby of mine. I devour books!

Tara said...

Reading and computers are favorites of my people too! But I personally thought the seafood hobby the best!
Tara

Sue said...

Great photos! Happy Saturday.

Thanks for stopping by.

Linda said...

The reading, the computer, and the photography I can agree with but the preparing shrimp part - no thanks!!

Baba said...

Hi Lynn,.....Thanks for sharing all of your great hobbies.I love to eat shrimp, but could never pull off the heads..Enjoy your weekend. Baba

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I love the picture of your shrimp receipe!!

Smalltown RN said...

those are great photos....Oh you are so brave....I don't tinker with my computer...I am soooooooo computer illiterate....when I run into trouble I call on hubby he is the computer guy around here.....I am always afraid I am going to lose something or mess something up....I have difficulties understanding computer jargon...

srp said...

You are really busy with your hobbies... or could it be that you just enjoy everything you do... you enjoy life!
Welcome to the hunt.

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! Lots of habbies, too! :o)

Andree said...

You are a very talented lady. I am glad you are able to pursue your hobbies so successfully! Will be seeing more of your photos in the futre, I know.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Nice photos, love the sunrise, and what a cute daughter!
Happy Weekend!!

TorAa said...

I can imagine you have problems to choose "the best" among all these hobbies and activities. I can't help you...
... but What do you think will last longest.

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Lynn. Sorry for my late visit. I've been a little busy this past weekend.

Thanks for sharing these interesting photos. How nice that you love tinkering with your computers. I don't know much about hardware and software. I miss my husband's cousin who always helped me fix my computer problems. He left for the States just recently but glad I could still consult him with some computer questions from time to time.

I also love taking photos. I have upgraded my computer's memory to give space to my increasing photos - mostly pictures of my son. :)

I love shrimps. Yummy!

Anyway, have a great week ahead.

Lynn said...

Thanks to all those who visited. I wasn't able to go to most of the photo hunters' site because I was full last weekend.

RACHEL: Please ensure that you back up your pictures. Just to be safe. Nakakaiyak to lose hundreds of pictures if something goes wrong with your pc. One time my laptop went so slow. It needed reformatting. Good thing I was able to save pa all the pictures. But the second time, a few pictures, maybe 30, went down the drain. That's why I always back them up now.